Sunday, December 23, 2007

Week of December 17th

Thiss week...it's been crazy!! Like there has been soo much going on, and yeeah.

On Monday~ I got to sleep in!! It was wonderful!! Haha, I didn't change into my real clothes until like 7pm when I had to go grocery shopping with my dad. It had just snowed and the sun was reflecting off of the snow, I loved it.

On Tuesday~ We went to see my great-grandmother's grave. It was cold outside, and there was snow covering all off the grave stones. We searched around for like 20 minutes looking for it, and then I realized that there was a row number for the grave...from there it took us like 10 minutes to find it. Soo, we remembered my great-grandmother, and we prayed and stuff. It was very good to do that, but it was soo cold! Haha, I didn't wear the right shoes or anything (Cause I didn't think we'd be walking around in 6in deep snow) After we were there, we tried to eat at the IHOP down the street, but it was closed. Soo, we drove back home and I had a few classes to be at (online) so I was, and that was a lot of fun. :)

On Wednesday~ We got our water heater fixed and went to the Holocaust Museum. Our water heater had been broken for quite a while, so the 'guys' were here all day fixing it. While they were here, we went to the Holocaust Museum. It was ok, it was smallish, and I didn't love it, buut, it was really interesting, and informative. When we got back, the 'guys' were still here, and the house smelled soo bad!! So, my mom and I went Christmas shopping, and got out of the house. I got double-stuffed Oreos...my favorite. :)

On Thursday~ We...uhmm, ohh, we put school stuff in boxes and I had my last 180 (church) of the night. Soo, yeeah, I also did laundry all day, and got all of the clothes in the house washed. We packed up 2 1/2 boxes of school stuff and books, and those are now sitting in the living room off to the side. I had my last Thursday night church thing also. A few of us met at a Mexican place for dinner and talked. At church, we hung out and kind of played basketball and dodgeball, and stuff, but more just hung out and talked. :) It was tons of fun.

On Friday~ Packing clothes and surprise parties. We packed up our clothes...lots of them. Soo,yeeah, we did that, and otherwise just cleaned the house. Then, at like 6:15ish I went to go help set up a surprise party for a friend of mine who was turning 18! It was soo much fun, and I was able to hang out with a bunch of friends from church. We all had a really good time, and Nate was really surprised. It was awesome.

On Saturday~ More packing, MSI, & Greek Town. Soo, we had to wake up early. It was like 8:30, but it was early for a Saturday. We kept packing up the house, most of the upstairs, and all of our clothes are now packed...and most of the rooms are packed too. All of the boxes are stacked up in my parents room --> [they'll be moved into a Uhaul truck on...Wednesday] Then, around 10:30 we left for downtown Chicago. As a big (my dad's parents, sister -- all her kids, in all like 13 people) we went to the Museum of Science and Industry to the Star Wars exhibit. It was really cool to see, and it was awesome to hang out with all of my cousins and stuff. From there, we went to the Parthenon (lots and lots of Greek food) and ate dinner. The food was pretty good, I'm not all that into Greek food, soo, yeeah. When we left the restaurant, it was blowing and snowing, and crazy cold. Haha, yeeah.

Saturday night~ Was crazy enough to get its own spot. Ha! Soo, I went to bed about 11ish...at that point, the wind was picking up, and it was pouring rain. It was about 35-40 degrees outside probably. Then, throughout the night, it kept getting colder, and the wind was literally making noise. (k, that kind of sounds stupid, but like the house felt like it was being blown around, and the tree was shaking)

Sunday~ Sad day...with lots of wind and snow. So, yeeah, I woke up this morning and the wind was still crazy. It was also snowing...but really lightly. We got in the car to what would be the last day of church in IL. It was sad to think about. We [Nicole, Lindsay & I] spent awhile after church talking, and crying, and planning on how I was gonna come out. It was good to have that time. Buut, it was also really sad. :[ Now my parents are going to get my grandmother from the train station and she is gonna come over and help make everything for tomorrow night. (Cause for some crazy reason we are having Christmas Eve here...) Annd, the wind is really crazy (still) and there is soo much snow too! Soo, it looks like a little mini blizzard outside. It's crazy!! Buut, I love it. :)

No comments: