Saturday, December 29, 2007

Chasing Cars --> December 29 (Saturday


Saturday. That's today. We (the kids) were (apparently) supposed to wake up on our own this morning while my parents were at breakfast, but it didn't happen, so we were really rushed out of the hotel room, and somehow that was our (the kids) fault. Soo, we didn't really get to do anything in the hotel but get ready, and that was a bummer, because yesterday we were able to watch TV and stuff.


We got on the road about 9:30 from Rolla, MO. I slept for the first two hours of the trip. We stopped at a rest stop at 11:30ish and ran around a little bit. Then about 12:30 we stopped for lunch at Schlotzky's…I think it
was the first time I've been there since August. I lovee Schlotzky's!


Around 2:00ish we stopped at a 'snack stop,' which was really a few extra lanes to the right of the freeway with a terrible bathroom. There we found an insurance postcard sent to a guy named Dawn Kunkel…I think he was from Venita, OK…buut, no matter what, we had fun trying to say his name. Then we tried to get back on the road, which was really hard cause there was not an 'entrance lane,' and the semis were going 2534983mph. Buut, we made it. J When we left the 'snack shop' we were about two and a half hours away from Weatherford, OK, where our hotel is for the night.


Trenton and I got really bored about 3:00ish and decided to start singing to Christian…only we were stinging two completely different songs, and C didn't really like it all that much…


About 4:00, we stopped for gas, and I got food from McDonalds – A McFlurry, and fries. The best food ever. Annd, I got a Oklahoma shot glass…cause my other one broke. Now I think I have like 30 total. (The only problem is that about half of them are from California :)


Now it's about 5:00 and we are at the hotel. It isn't dark yet…which is probably a record; we've never reached any hotel before dark on this trip. The hotel doesn't have a Jacuzzi thing…just a pool. Soo, I'm kind of bummed, but I'll probably end up swimming anyway.


This day hasn't been that long, just a lot of driving. We've been chasing cars and racing semi's all day, but we've made it, and we are halfway through our journey home…and that's a happy thought. :D


Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol

No comments: